Monday, February 28, 2011

So Tired and Not Much to Show For It

I did a LOT of work this weekend, but it doesn't show on this post.  I'm working on a French Provincial bedroom suite.  It's a headboard, dresser, mirror and 2 night stands.  This weekend, I finished the second nightstand and primed the headboard.  I don't want to post the pictures until the whole thing is finished.

I did get 2 little wooden necklace holders primed, painted and distressed.  I've had both of these for a while.  I got each one at a thrift store.  I have had a mirror in my booth for 6 months that just wasn't selling.  The frame looks like bamboo, but it's actually some sort of plastic.  I don't know WHY it is so heavy if the frame is plastic!!  Anyway, I brought it home, got some plastic paint and sprayed it black.  If it doesn't sell in a month or 2, I'll bring it back home and make it into a message board.


Here is the pink necklace holder.

And the white one.
 This is a wicker screen that my daughter got for me several years ago. 
I just don't have room for it anymore, so I took it to the booth yesterday.

This is the before picture of the mirror.

This is it in black.  Not a very good picture, but you get the idea.
 
Maybe next weekend I'll have more to show.  The good thing is, daylight savings time will start in a couple of weeks.  At least it will still be daylight when I get home.  I have discovered that I can't paint at night, in the house.  I did that with the first nightstand that goes with the bedroom suite.  When I got it out in the daylight later that week, it looked like a drunken monkey had painted it!!
 
Vicki
 
 

1 comment:

  1. The mirror looks great in black. You have a real eye for this stuff!

    Pepper
    www.pepperbeaumont.com

    ReplyDelete