Friday, August 31, 2012

HENNY PENNY

I love French Country style, but it's a rather fancy for my plain little cottage.  One thing I've noticed is that most French Country kitchens have one or more roosters.  I had been looking for just the right size, but I didn't want to pay much for it.  A few weeks ago, I found one (or is it a hen?) at a thrift store.  It was a planter with silk flowers in it and it was U-G-L-Y!!!!

This is how it looked when I got it.
 
This is how it looked after I removed the nasty flowers. 
Whatever was holding them in was like plaster of paris. 
 I had to use a hammer and chisel to remove it.
 
Here it is after cleaning it out.
 
Because it was made of resin, I primed it, then painted it with a white gloss.
 
The finished product.
 
 
I'm not sure what to feature next.  Maybe I'll be finished with the cushions for the kitchen chairs by next week.
 
Vicki 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment