This is a long post, but since I've not posted on here for 7 months, I guess I need it to be long to get it all in.
Let's see, in April or the first of May, I started having mice. Now since I suffer from Musophobia, this was a big deal. I called someone out to handle it. I paid $180 to get a guy to come and tell me that yes, I had mice. He wanted another $250 to take care of the problem. I told him that I didn't have $250, so he put out some traps for me and wished me luck. He also told me that I needed to remove the dishwasher, which hasn't worked in a couple of years. It seems that the critters were stock piling dog food behind it.
I paid a handyman to come and take out the dishwasher. He really didn't know what he was doing, so the hose to the dishwasher started leaking, although I didn't know it for a while. I called in a plumber, who called in one of those companies that come in after a flood to dry stuff out. They pulled up the whole kitchen floor and dried it out. When the insurance adjuster came, he informed me that this company were crooks. He gave me a check to pay the company for drying out the floor and the rest went into savings to pay for a new floor.
I was laid off from my job, so I'm terrified to have the floor done, in case I need that money to live on. Because the floor was sticky, I decided to put down cardboard to walk on until I can get the new floor.
For my birthday, which was yesterday, my daughter painted the walls for me. The kitchen is really coming together. Since it isn't finished, I'll just show some of the highlights.
So the first thing is Daisy's new dog food container. The previous one was a short, plastic garbage can with a lid. Apparently, the rodents were trying to chew through it, so I had to find something else to put it in. I went to a thrift store and got a popcorn can. Then I primed it and painted it. After that, I went to The Graphics Fairy. I spend WAY to much time on that site. I found this beautiful French ad and decoupaged it on. By the way, I SUCK at decoupage!!! This turned out pretty well.
These were the hideous curtains that were in the kitchen, when I moved in. Now, I've lived here for 5 years and I JUST took them down about 3 weeks ago.
Here are the ones I made to replace them. They were actually longer cafe curtains that I shortened.
Well, that's all for today. More kitchen pix later in the week..